Thursday, May 26, 2005

More of everything

At Reed

Greens roundup
Well, my Bok Choy was a washout, and the tatsoi was really small and starting to go to seed; so I pulled it all up. (Cook some greens with it later, along with kale.)

My threee kales, which are all quite large, are trying very hard to go to seed, but I keep trimming the buds. One of them was looking very sorry, and I decided to go ahead and cut down most of it. Ate the leaves with the tatsoi.

Snow peas
Though they're only 9" high, my snowpeas are already producing little pods. I picked six or seven.

Potatos
The first bed of red potatos is going crazy. The plants are already over a foot high and very healthy, despite the poor soil in that location. I read somewhere about piling dirt on them progressiveely as the potatos grow, and they'll put out a new set of spuds between the layers of soil. So I attempted to do that.

My Rose Finn potatos are just beginning to sprout as well. I'm more interested in those, mainly just out of curiosity.

Everything else

The elephant garlics have scapes, or that is to say, big buds and are ready to flower.

My various tomatos are surviving, if not exactly thriving. I think they need sunshine, which we havn't had a lot of lately.

Still no carrot sprouts.

Raspberries are doing surprisingly well. There are some flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home