Friday, May 20, 2005

Guerrilla gardening update

Gardened in the rain again, though this time at home on Caruthers St..

Zucchinis
I put in two zucchini seedlings in the front, both of which are likely to die. One is too small, the other is broken, though still miraculously surviving.

Dill
Also, I planted a good sized dill plant that was in the free area at Reed. I put it in where I'd previously put dill seeds, which have not sprouted.

Guerrilla gardening
Out side out fence, along the edge of the parking lot next door, my calendulas are doing well, and I noticed that the Mexican landscapers have killed weeds, but left the flowers. It's encouraged me to plant more stuff out there; so I put in two more calenduals, as well as relocated some purple cosmos from the bed in the median. So far, all is well.

Sunflowers
My sunflowers that are on that side, next to the parking lot, but inside the fence, are taking off. Some of them are 9" high. No other sunflowers have sprouted, however.

Iris
There is just one iris blooming right now, and that may be all we get. None of our many irises did well, though the leaves certainly look healthy.

Strawberrries
Our few little strawberry plants are starting to set fruit, and it's exciting to see. I'll only get a handful, but still...

Fruits
In fact, all over town, fruit trees can be seen with baby fruits on their limbs. Pears, apples, plums, & figs are all off to a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home