Thursday, April 14, 2005

designated herb garden

At Reed
I've dug up and turned the soil in all of the beds in my 20x20 plot. In the area where I grew loofa vines last year, I dug out the sage plants from around the edge and replanted them in the newly redesignated herb & perenniel bed on the NW corner of the plot. I already had my rhubarbs there, and I put in two sages & some spearmint.

Someone had wedged out giant clumps of iris plants from their plot and left them in the "free" area. I took a few large clumps and reclaimed the edge of an overly wide path right next to my perennial & herb bed. In otherwords, I planted a border of irises.

Also in the "free" pile were some mysterious flower bulbs. I put them in the prennial bed. Despite all of that new stuff, there's still room for lots more in the bed. I plan on puting in a lot of basil.

At Caruthers
I took two of the sage plants from Reed and potted one for my boyfriend. The other I stuck in the front bed of my home garden. Also, I stuck some spearmint in the pot out front that was empty & one of the terra cotta tubes I dug into the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home