Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Just Chard

Despite a forecast of rain, it was mostly dry and from time to time sunny. I decided to take advantage of it and ride down to my Reed garden plot. Finished digging one long aisle clean of weeds. I turned the soil in a large corner bed, then enriched the last section of the big bed of greens and sewed Swiss Chard seeds:

Swiss Chard
An all red "Rhubarb" variety. Ed Hume brand seeds for current season.

Though it doesn't sound like much, that was about three hours worth of labor.

Looks like I'm going to have to cut back a little on home gardening projects. My housemates, a lesbian couple, decided to break up. Nobody's moving just yet, but who knows when it might happen. It'll be especially sad to leave my Rosemary & Rhubarb plants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home