Thursday, March 03, 2005

Poppies & compost

Wednesday, Mar 2:

Worked in the yard a little at home. Did the folowing:

Compost-
Finally investigated my compost pile that's been stewing all of last summer & through this winter. I have an addiction to scavenging, and early last year I found a wooden, folding baby's crib and decided that it would be perfect for composting. So I knocked out the bottom, and it's worked like a charm. When I dug into it this afternoon, I got two full recycle bins full of rich, black rot.

Poppies-
I sprinkled some Oriental Poppy seeds in the cracks of the sidewalk in front of my house, as well as along some bed edges. I'm hoping for a quaint, all-natural effect.

Etc.-
Also washed out a lot of flower pots and drilled holes in the bottom of some yogurt containers to use for starting seeds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home