Saturday, April 09, 2005

oh great

I was puttering around the yard yesterday, puting in a bed of sunflower seeds (more on that scintilating news later), and I had the plastic box with my seeds sitting on the front steps of the house.

I rushed out of the house last night running late, then when I came home this afternoon after a downpour, my open box of seeds was still sitting on the front steps. No one bothered to move them for me out of the rain.

So now I have to plant a lot of stuff right away or else the seeds are fucked.

Sunflowers
Last year when my friend Heidi moved to Holland, she gave me a bunch of specialty organic & heritage seeds. It was already late in the year for planting, but I cleared a little patch of dirt and threw down some sunflower seeds. To my surprise, they practically flew out of the ground. I ended up with a very nice bed of red sunflowers. (See photo.)

So this year, I figured I'd plant more. I took the seeds from last years flowers & saved them, then put them in a bed behind oour fence that doesn't get much light. I figured they'd grow up over the fence quickly & block out more of the view of the parking lot next door.

Anyway, yesterday I finally put in half the seeds, figuring if it's too early & they don't grow, I can put in the rest later. But now I have to plant all the rest of the ones I have because they are soaking wet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home