Monday, May 02, 2005

Reed round-up

Since I was going out of town for a week, I had to get some stuff taken care of before leaving. So, at Reed,...

Roma tomatoes
The Roma seeds I planted in yogurt cups had almost gotten big enough to put out, but not quite. However, slugs were beginning to kill them when they were left out overnight, but they were too big to be left in & get no light for a full week. So I figured that I might as well plant.

I stuck two in the ground at Reed and gave two away to Evan's roommate Chris.

Delicata squash
These seedlings were also just about large enough to plant, and for the same reasons as above, I put in two hills of them, with two plants per hill. I'm not very optimistic about these or the tomato seedlings, but I'm ready to let nature take its course.

Beans & Peas
My snowpeas at Reed are beginning to take off. The odd purple beans I stuck in around my plot for novelty are beginning to sprout, which was pretty fast. The seedlings were already large enough that I got confused at first that they were some kind of weed and pulled one out.

Greens
The turnips & arugula are springing up so fast that I'll soon have to pull some seedlings to make space. The chards that I scavenged from the neighboring plot don't look so hot, but two small ones will survive, while a large one may not. Looks like theres no action on the chard seeds nor the collard, basil, or carrot seeds.

Mystery bulbs
Leaves from the bulbs of mystery that I put in the perennials bed are popping up through the soil. Cant wait to see what they are. The irises that planted at the same time seem happy and are getting ready to bloom.

Potatos
They are all poking through the soil. Seem happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home