Thursday, April 21, 2005

A time to sew

Well, it's that time of year, at last. I've been planting seeds around the house like crazy.

First, yesterday, I planted that Swiss Chard from my community garden in a semi-sunny spot.

Then, I planted a bed of basil in our front herb garden. Also put in a flower pot of oregano seeds, one of lavender seeds, and another of chives. Put in two beds of dill, one meant to be decorative, the other for herbs.

The only thing left for our home front herb garden is to put in some veggies, like tomato, eggplant, and zucchini.

I moved the spearmint that I had planted in the clay pot in front to one of the tin cans hanging from my fence. Need to fill the other two cans.

Finally, I also dug the long beds beside the fence in the back yard and made lagre plantings of sunflowers. Also put in one bed of amaranth, "grain of the Aztects and Incas" according to the home printed label on the brown envelope the seeds came in--more anonymous seed supliers courtesy of Heidi. In one section, I put in seeded areas of individual flowers: money plant, columbine, & blue thingies that I got from Elina last year & saved the seed from for this year. I only have one more little spot to fill in the back.

Practically all that's left at the Caruthers house is filling the tin cans on the fence and filling in the holes in the front flower garden.

Today, I started some tomatillo seeds, as well as more zucchini, and hot pepper (from a thai hot pepper my bf was using for cooking.) Lastly, I am soaking some moonflower seeds overnight before planting. Don't have any idea where they'll go though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home